Still, all we can do is wait and see, and hope that an infection doesn't occur as it could end up hurting the other babies and possibly me. We've been informed that an infection may have already started, but we won't know until it's too late. Needless to say, please continue saying your prayers for us and the babies. I believe that the prayers have already really helped us deal with the situation, and give us more time with the babies than we "technically" should not have had.
Monday, January 26, 2009
I couldn't wait any longer, so I pushed to have our ultrasound today. The nurse got it scheduled, so Josh came back to the hospital from work a little early to be here for it. We tried to prepare ourselves for the worst with what we might see. What we got was confirmation that our sweet Baby A is not doing well. She has absolutely no fluid around her. With out the fluid, she will not have a chance to develop beyond where she is now. I was advised by the doctors that it was already a miracle that I didn't go into labor last Tuesday when her sac ruptured. That usually sends someone into labor right away, and we could have lost all the babies then. Josh and I already consider the past week a blessing of sorts.