Friday, May 29, 2009

bus-y day!

Yesterday was one BUSY day!  Friday is the last day of my company's fiscal year, so in sales that always means running around like crazy getting sales completed to make sure that they book for this month.  That alone makes for a wild week, but on top of that as you know, we are closing on our house and doing home improvements and moving!  Geez!

So yesterday started out early, when Josh woke me up to get ready for our final home walk-through.  Before we left for that, I anxiously waited by my laptop waiting for a contract for work to come though.  That didn't come in in time, so I went to the new house and met the superintendent  to make sure everything was completed and perfect.  That went well, and the house looks amazing!  I still can't believe it's ours!  Walk though the new house -- Check!

After that we had about 45 minuets until we needed to be at the closing for the house.  So, with that short amount of time, I decided to stop by my Dermatologist's Office.  Earlier this week I went to see my Derm for a mole check.  You hear about how important getting your skin checked for moles and melanoma is, so I finally decided to do it.  I am naturally blessed (yea, right) with freckles and moles, and I am always in the sun, so I figured it's time to get checked out.  Anyway, long story short, my Dermatologist wanted to remove 4 moles!  It was quick and fairly painless, but the one on my shin was hurting and a little red, so I stopped by her office quickly to get it checked out.  I spent every last minute I had there, then bolted to the office where we did our closing while avoiding a speed trap that Josh warned me about on Bruce B. Downs Blvd!  Doctor's appointment -- Check!

Josh loooves to be 15 min. early to everything, so I know I was worrying him a little by making it to the closing with only 1 minute to spare.  The closing went smoothly.  We signed about 72,000 papers, and quickly scanned over all the fine print.  Buy a new house -- Check! After our closing Josh and I had planned to go back to the new house and take some pictures, but unfortunately I had to go back to work.  Since that contract that I was waiting for didn't come in that morning, I had to then run to Kinko's and get it printed out, then take it to my client's office to get it signed. If only it were that easy!  I got to my client's office, but he had a room full of patients and I had to wait 1.5 hours to get in to see him.  Once I did, I got the deal signed, then ran to another Kinko's to have the check overnighted to my corporate office for processing!  Close a deal -- Check!

By now, it's about 3pm and I haven't even had lunch yet!  I picked up drive though from Chick-fil-a and headed home.  (Did you know that all the Chick-fil-a entrees are less than 500 cals each?  You can actually manage to eat healthy on-the-go at Chick-fil-a, plus it's really good!).  On my way home I stopped by the new house to see Josh and our friend Jay there busy hanging ceiling fans and lights, then headed to my home office to complete my busy work day.

We were expecting Josh's dad to arrive sometime that evening, so I quickly cleaned up the house and got it ready for our company.  The rest of my day slowed down some.  I was able to find time to take my doggies for a walk, made myself a delicious bowl of cereal for dinner and finally relax!  Ahhh!  


  1. What a day! Not one you'll soon forget! Congratulations again!

  2. Wow, what a day!!! So excited for your new house! Can't wait to see pictures :)

  3. That was a craaazy day! Made me tired reading about it! Congrats on the new house and good luck with the move! Post pics when you can :)