Sunday, August 30, 2009

honest scrap

I'd like to thank my blogger buddy, Tina for nominating me for the Honest Scrap award! I didn't know much about it, so I Googled it first to find out what this award was all about and where it started. The idea is to share 10 honest things about yourself that your blog readers may not already know about you, and then pass the award on by nominating 7 other blogs that you find "brilliant in content or design". Sounds easy enough, right? The part about nominating 7 other blogs that I love does, but thinking up 10 new things about me?? Hmmm...

1. If you don't know me in person, then you may not be aware of my "awkwardness". I really am clumsy, and often find my own ways of doing things that are not exactly the most efficient. For example, at golf. I've managed to get comfortable with my own swing that looks really awkward! I think I'm going to get some golf lessons to correct it because I hate being awkward!

2. This kind of goes with #1, but I have the tenancy to to pronounce certain words wrong, and Josh loves to correct me! It's turned into a long-standing joke because all of a sudden I'll say a word that is a little off and he catches me. The latest words he's corrected me on are: indigestion (I pronounce it: in-te-ges-tion) and infuriate (I pronounce it: in-furie-ate), oh and one more is nomenclature (I used to pronounce it: norman-cla-ture)

3. I live in Florida now, but I was born and raised as a California Girl! I live in the San Francisco Bay Area for the first 23 years of my life. I love both places, and miss California at times, but I am definitely happy to be in Florida now.

4. I am a cat lover turned dog lover! Growing up I always had a cat, so I never had a doggie of my own until I met Josh. When we first got together we adopted Seven, and then last year we got the love of my life, Romie! (just kidding Seven, I love you TOO!) They are definitely more work than cats, but they reciprocate the love and are so much fun!

5. I require a lot of sleep! I always joked that I would never know when I am actually pregnant because I am always hungry and tired. I could easily sleep 10-12 hours a night, but of course my work and life won't allow for that, so I get by on 8 hours.

6. I enjoy watching just about all the stupid reality TV shows. They are so addicting! I have to admit, I love The Girls Next Door, 18 Kids, Kardashians, Hills, etc. You get the idea. Basically anything on E!, TLC, MTV or Discovery. I TiVo most of them, so I catch up on them when I can.

7. I have quite an extensive collection of purses. I call it a collection now, so I can justify my purchases. Actually, it's not even a purchase, it's an investment. :) I even loaned my first one out a few months ago because most of them just hang in my closet not getting much use.

8. I am very proud of the professional awards that I've received. Last year, I earned "Rookie of The Year" for sales, along with a few others. I have them displayed on my bookcase in my office and hanging on the wall.

9. I have a degree in Political Science with a focus on Public Affairs and Administration with a minor in Sociology and an Associates in Natural Science. It's a mouth full, but all it really means is that I lacked direction in college my first couple of years, then I found my main focus, which was Poly Sci. I figured I could do a lot with that, and I wouldn't be limited with career options.

10. The Jog Blog that I created has turned into more calorie counting versus actual jogging. I still have been able to meet my weight loss goals with just eating right, PIlates once a week, and occasional workouts. I'll post more about that later.

I'm tired now... time to pass the nominations off to some of my favorite blogs:

1. Allison's Balancing Act

2. Holly - Caring for Carleigh

3. Kelly's Korner

4. Sarah - Oh, the possibilities!

5. Sandra's Cochran Crew

6. Jenna's Nugget News

7. Cameron P's Page


Lauren Pictures, Images and PhotosLauren Pictures, Images and Photos

7 comments:

  1. Ooo... SO FUN! I'll try to get mine up ASAP!

    Let me just say that this makes your blog readers love ya even more! Such a cool chick! Thanks for keepin' it real.

    P.S. Also feel awkward OFTEN, LOVE LOVE LOVE "crap t.v." (that's what my family calls it - you didn't mention Real Housewives. Tell me you watch that one!), AND I REALLY enjoy my naps and snacks!

    Hugs,
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes, Real Housewives is on that list too! Love the term - "Crap TV". It's so true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with you also on number 4 and 5.

    There is no such thing as too much sleep and once we move to Tampa we will be looking for a dog. Billy being highly allergic to cats has changed my direction from cat to dog. I have always told him the day after he dies I will be going and get a cat though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this! And for the sweet comments you leave me! I don't comment very often with you but I want you to know that I think about you a lot and every time I see your name pop up - I stop and pray for you. You have an amazing positive attitude and I know God will bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love #2...I think that is pretty funny. My husband corrects me too when I do something like this, well actually first he makes fun of me, then he corrects me! Thanks for participating!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the award! I guess since I've been nominated by several people I should post mine! lol The plan is to get to it sometime this week. :)

    It was neat learning these little facts about you. I had to laugh at your mispronunciations b/c it reminded me of my bff and all of hers. She cracks me up with them. For ex, instead of cartridge she would say cartilage. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're so great Lolo!

    ReplyDelete