Sunday, January 3, 2010

the new year!

The new year is upon us, and I have high, high hopes that it will be much better than 2009. We started the New Year off with a bang, and had a great house party with 10 of our closest friends, 4 doggies, and 5 sleeping babies. (I'll post about that soon!)

This year, I didn't make any New Year's resolutions. I plan to just continue doing what I am doing because I feel like I'm on the right track. I'm realizing that I have a long and bumpy road ahead, but I still feel that I've made great progress over the past few months in recovering from all that I've been through. So with that said, my plans for 2010 are to:

  • Allow myself to completely trust in God, and let Him be in control. (That's a big one, and easier said than done, but I am going to try my best. I have nothing to lose!)
  • Keep up the positive outlook on life, and keep hoping for the best.
  • Take advantage of this time in my life (when I don't have living children) and focus on excelling at work having fun with Josh.
  • Start using my Lose It app a little more strictly (since I slacked off over Thanksgiving and Christmas a little... oops!)


Did you know that at the end of this month, it will already be one year since my sweet Heidi was born and gone to heaven? Yep; a whole year already. With that said, what do I do? I want to something special on both Heidi's Day (January 31st) and the day my other three were born (February 23rd), but I don't know what. I don't want it to be a huge production, just something simple to honor their memory.

Do you have any suggestions? Please, send me any ideas you've got.


13 comments:

  1. Hoping the new year brings many blessings to you! There's always the lighting a candle and releasing a balloon thing. You could have a small cake with a candle on it for them. You could donate to a charity in their memory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the thought that you have put into setting goals for the new year. I've done the same and know that staying focused, yet relaxed will yield greatness in 2010.

    As for honoring your babies, you do a wonderful job of honoring them every day :) Maybe plant something (a tree) in your garden/yard with a nice plaque with their names or a symbol. Design a remembrance piece of jewelry that is created by you. Do something for someone in need to honor them (I did this for Christians EDD and it helped) or like Holly said make a donation to a charity. Or, design some stepping stones for your garden...whatever you do, it will be unique and very special.

    Many Hugs & All the best in 2010

    ReplyDelete
  3. When we were at your house for New Year's Eve, I was looking at the baby's shadow boxes & it hit me that the year marker was coming up. I like the idea of planting something in honor of them since you guys are planning on staying in that house for the long haul & would be able to watch it grow.

    I have a feeling that 2010 is going to be a wonderful year for you guys! Love you lots!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lauren you are doing a great job staying positive and I have a BIG feeling 2010 will be a wonderful year for you and Josh! I think planting a tree (as long as you will live there forever because if you ever move leaving the trees may be hard) or designing a piece of jewelry is also a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lauren! Happy New Year! I know a girl who lost her baby boy and releases balloons every year on his birthday. It's a sweet idea to send balloons up to your babies up in heaven but I also like the idea that Allison suggested. Planting something special in each of your Green Beans honor would be something lasting that you could nurture everyday. I know that 2009 didn't turn out the way you planned but I just know in my heart that 2010 will be better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well Happy New Year! I'm sure it will be a wonderful one! As for honoring Heidi and the others, maybe you could start by planting a special plant or flower in your flowerbed for them...maybe pick the plant/flower that you think would best suite each of their personalities :)

    kristi.guillory

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that pic of you and Josh! I was thinking the other night that you were coming up on a year. Hard to believe it's been a year.
    I think your goals are good ones.
    I like the idea of planting something in their honor.
    I love you and Josh and pray for you daily.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lauren, i can't believe it's almost been a year. (((hugs))) we did a balloon release on vivian and annemarie's one year. my friend kimber has a garden at her house, and every year they plant flowers on her daughter kambry's angel day. she also does a ladybug release (ladybugs were a symbol she had during her pregnancy with kambry). someday, i would like to do a butterfly release for vivian and annemarie, since butterflies are important to me.

    those are just a few ideas i have off the top of my head...will let you know if i have more. you guys are on my heart. praying for you.

    love,
    erika

    littletinyfootprints.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. There are some incredibly beautiful suggestions here. I will talk to my brother and we will do something from Rory's Garden as well. I'll send it once we have done it xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how people let balloons go for their loved ones that have passed away. You and Josh can each do one on Heidi's day. Then you can each do three on the other three's special day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am interested to see what ideas people come up with to honor your green beans :) My sister lost her baby boy on July 2, 2009 (full term stillborn). One way that I think it a neat way to honor them is to release balloons with a note attached with their birth story and your email address. Ask the person who finds each balloon to email you and let you know where they found it and what it means to them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We release balloons each year on our daughter's birthday. Our family and friends meet and sing Happy Birthday to her and we release balloons. We will be think of you on your Cuties' birthdays.

    Jen McDougal
    Fresno, CA

    ReplyDelete
  13. We release balloons on both the birthday and angelversary with messages written on the balloons. =]

    ReplyDelete