Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Dinner Idea

Last week some friends and I went to Dinner Done.  If you’re not familiar with it, it’s a place you go to prepare your meals, package them up, and take them home to your freezer.  Dinner Done is really fun to do, and it gives you a jump start on meal planning and preparation.  I enjoy cooking, so I just supplement my Dinner Done meals in with other meals that I make from scratch.

Most of the Dinner Done’s are a complete meal, but others are just the main dish, so they still require some preparation.  The meals give you recommendations on what to serve with the main entre, so that helps with the ideas.

The dinner Done I made the other night was Pork Tenderloin with a Maple Glaze.  The side suggestion was Corn Mashed Potatoes.  I had never had that before, but it sounded good.  Mash potatoes and corn is also right up Josh’s alley, so I decided to try it. 

corn mashed

It turned out so delicious, so I wanted to share the recipe with you that I came up with…

Chop up your potatoes and boil (15 – 20 minuets, or until your can easily stick a fork in them)

Drain the potatoes, and then add in some sour cream, milk, salt and pepper, then mash all together.

In a separate pan, sauté olive oil and minced garlic

Add a can of corn to the olive oil and garlic mixture and heat through.

Mix the corn with the potatoes.

Serve and enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. i like Dinner Done too all though it has been awhile since i have done it. The foor looked yummy:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren!

    You are the cutest! We would SO have a great time if we lived near eachother! Get out of the way Martha, here we come :)

    The potatoes look delish!

    I made a strawberry, walnut and goat cheese salad last night with Poppyseed dressing...it was yummy!

    Have a great rest of the week!

    Many HUGS

    ReplyDelete