Sunday, May 2, 2010

Hello Thirty!

Today marks the last day of my twenties.  Tomorrow, I will be turning the big 3-0!  It’s sounds so weird!  I’ve always been the baby of the family (by eight whole years) and youngest of all my friends, but I can’t really say that anymore.  I’m 30!  I don’t think I can use the words like “youngest” and “baby of the family” anymore. 

Overall, I’m okay with turning 30.  I feel well accomplished in my life; I have a good career, own a home, happily married, have a great group of friends, healthy family… You know, a LOT to be thankful for.   I had a lot of fun in my twenties, accomplished a lot, and am happy to be moving on to the next phase.  I’m so grateful for where I am in life and even more hopeful for where I am going in life during this next decade. 

1 

I can’t help but think about the fact that I do not have living children with me yet.  I’d always hoped and dreamed to have my family well underway by the time I was 30.  It feels like the only thing missing.  I know it will happen in God’s time, and I’m okay with that.  I just hope it’s sooner than later.

2 

I had the BEST time this weekend celebrating my birthday with my friends and family at the beach house.  I will post more about that this week once I get all the pictures complied. 

3 


19 comments:

  1. You are rocking the big 30. Happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 30th Birthday!! You share your special day with my sweet niece who is turning 21!! Wishing you a magically and amazing year!
    ~Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Almost Birthday! Lauren you are SO beautiful inside and out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! 30 is not all that bad, just seems I have more strange illnesses than the normal colds, etc. My doctor actually said, "We see this in women about your age." WHAT'S THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN, I replied! May your 30's be great and adventurous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy birthday!!!! my big 3-0 is just 3 months away so i'm right behind you...

    you look gorgeous in this pics! and you and josh are the cutest couple ever....love you guys! ha, i laugh at myself being that we've never met....but i think we would be the best of friends IRL!

    i hope this next year brings you much happiness and a little bundle of joy...you deserve all the joy in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 30 is the new 20!!!! Happy Birthday girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, you're just a baby!!! happy birthday! you deserve all the happiness in the world. i hope that this year brings your fifth child to you- and that you bring him or her home and healthy at full term. you are in my prayers, friend!!! (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy BIG 30!!! Looks like you had a great time celebrating this past weekend! Hope your day is beautiful and this coming year full of lots of joy and even more blessings.

    Lots of love and a (((BIG HUG)))!
    Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday Lauren! thanks for the comment you gave a whiley back :) twas nice.

    Enjoy your birthday!

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Joyeux Anniversaire Mon Ami!

    May your day be filled with all things as wonderful and special as you :)

    You have accomplished so much sweet girl and you should be very proud of yourself :)

    As for not having earthly children, "yet" is the key word sweet friend. You will know the fullfillment of this dream, I have no doubts.

    So happy you had fun celebrating in the sun with friends. Here's to many, many more days just like the ones in your photos!

    Much Love and Happy Birthday to Sweet You :)
    xoxo
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy 30th Birthday to you! May you get all the wishes you want this year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Happy Birthday Lauren! You have such a beautiful tan! I'm so jealous. Even with proper sunblock I only tan in shades of pink. LoL! Anyway, I'm getting off track... I'm glad you such a great weekend! Don't sweat 30, it's all good. Happy & Healthy are all that matters! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday Lauren! You look great! May your 30's bring all the desires of your heart and more.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy 30th!! I will be 30 in November too! :)
    Love all the pics! How awesome to get away with friends to celebrate!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy birthday pal! We love our LG!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy 30th Birthday Lauren!! Hope this year brings you just what you are wishing for. xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Birthday sweet friend, you deserve the world xxx lots of love, nan

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great weekend!!! Thank you so much for inviting us! We had such a great time celebrating your 30th birthday! And you're still allowed to consider yourself the baby of the family, in my eyes at least.

    ReplyDelete