Wednesday, July 28, 2010

See Ya Later Alligator!

Part II of our Weekend in Miami…

On Sunday we thought it would be fun to do something a little touristy, so we ventured out to the middle of the Everglades to Gator Park.

IMG_9659 

We took an airboat ride and toured the Everglades.  We got to see all kinds of wildlife, including gators that were literally a foot away from me in the boat!  It was pretty cool.  The airboat zipped though the River of Grass and gave us a really exciting ride!

IMG_9708

We stopped in what seemed to be the middle of nowhere and could see rain storms in all directions. 

IMG_9683

After the boat ride we went to a wildlife show.  The tour guide demonstrated a bunch of rare animals and insects.  When he brought out a nasty scorpion, he saw me cringe and thought it’d be funny to hold it inches from my face!  I was freaking out, picturing it accidently falling on me or even worse… jumping on me!  Eeek!  So. Not. Funny.

IMG_9736

We learned a bunch of new things about Alligators.  Did you know that they have 3 lenses in their eyes?  One that acts as swimming goggles, one for night vision and one for day vision.  Pretty cool, huh?  Just thought I’d share :)

IMG_9761

All in all, we had a great time in Miami.  If you haven't been, you need to go!

5 comments:

  1. Good-ness! You two have been busy! I have never been to Miami, but it looks like a wonderful place to visit! Ryan is in Lauderdale for a bit, so I may need to plan a trip over there. Hmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! We have been to Miami, but never stopped at Gator Park. We might have to next time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are having FUN! Keep those smiles coming :)

    Many HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man scorpions scare the pants off of me! That looks like a great time! Tell me you had a Cuban samich down there...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that's so cool! I would love to do something like that.

    ReplyDelete