Wednesday, February 9, 2011

26 Week Update

How many weeks? I am 26 weeks!

26

How am I feeling?   I’m getting some Braxton Hicks here and there, and more often at night when my belly is tired, but that’s hardly anything to complain about.   Aside from that, I’m still feeling great! Bring it on third trimester!

Doctor’s Appointment? Not this week.

Weight Gain? 15 pounds.  I’m not doing anything different, I’m just gaining weight!  I’m not being strict with my diet right now.  I figure, this is the only time that I will give myself some leeway with what I eat, so I’m going to enjoy it.  Before I know it, I will be back to my Lose It and C25k programs.  My other theory is – I don’t know how long I will be given the opportunity to carry Taylor, so in the meantime, I want her to thrive and gain as much (healthy) weight as possible while she’s in utero.  She’s already 2 pounds and every little ounce counts!

Baby Preparation?  My Dad and Josh painted the nursery this past weekend!  It’s so fun to get the nursery design underway! Josh added some additional racks to her closet for more storage and hanging space also. 

IMG_1677 IMG_1683

Taylor’s room to date (still lots to do)…

IMG_1698

Look at this cute little sleeper; I just love it!  I’m totally getting one.  Isweet pea can’t wait to see Taylor in it!  Found on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Sozo-Sweet-Pea-Bunting-Cap/dp/B004GV4S1G

 

 

 

Ever wonder what your baby will look like?  I did, until I tried out this silly website that combines a picture of Mom and Dad to create a picture of  your baby.  I don’t think this is very accurate…

baby finder

signature

14 comments:

  1. Oh Lauren that pic is too funny, I think I'll just wait till the delivery room to find out. That just doesn't even look like a newborn......but it made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how her room is coming along! Love the paint color too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful nursery! I love grey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well the last picture had the kids giggling! I think Taylor will be way cuter than that :)
    John is booking my ticket this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. um, i'm pretty sure you and josh make cuter babies than that!! ha!

    love the nursery! can't wait to see it done! and yes, indulge! ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The baby picture, Nu-uh! It is not what sweet Taylor will look like. Nursery- cute! I love the gray and white, can't wait to see what else you add. Your belly is getter cuter with ever picture you post.
    ~Felicia

    ReplyDelete
  7. The nursery is looking great! Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The nursery is looking great, love the colour. Oh and I'm don't want to upset you by saying it but that cute sleeper is adorable I could help thinking that it reminds me of a green bean! Taylor will be close to them!
    Stay healthy and rest up. We can't wait to meet Taylor out here in blog world.
    Kym/Australia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Lauren!! Happy 26 weeks your glowing as always!! It's good seeing the nursery coming along (cant wait to see it completed YAY!!) That onesie is just too cute little Miss Taylor will wear it so proud!! That is a very comical picture of what they think your baby would look like WOW!! They just have no idea that pic looks like a little grumpy ole lady (LOL) too FUNNY!! Little Miss Taylor will be absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! Cant wait to meet her!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Taylor's room looks great! I can't wait to see it finished with a baby in that crib!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look so beautiful in all your pregnant glory. I loved that stage of my pregnancy and I love your top and tights! I also really like the cool colors in the nursery. Taylor will be stylish like her mama!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So happy for you, Lauren and Josh! And I don't know for sure, but pretty sure you 2 have made a MUCH prettier baby than than last pic foresees!

    Lots of prayers for a safe and healthy 3rd trimester.

    Love,
    Moni

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Lauren, You have such an inspiring story. My husband and I recently lost our identical twin sons, Easton and Parker November 20, 2010. Our lives were shattered. I went into premature labor at 20 weeks and we lost our babies instantly. I can't imagine the pain you must feel. Your babies were beautiful and I know they have a great life with Jesus. They now have two new friends Easton and Parker. You are such an inspiration and your blog speaks volumes about what a strong person you are. I have recently started blogging after my friends and family thought it would be good therapy, it has seemed to help being able to share our story. Best of luck with your pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the shade of gray you used. Can you email me the name of the color, brand, and where you bought the paint? Thanks so much!

    Dawn (purduegal02@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete