Monday, December 5, 2011

{baby food recipes} Apples & Pears

It is time for Taylor to explore the wonderful world of fruit!  I’ve had her try most of the “yucky'” stuff, so now I’m sure she will be delighted to taste some naturally sweet fruits!  GrrGrr (that’s Grandma) and I took Baby Taylor to the produce stand this weekend so that she could pick out her very own ingredients for her next batch of baby food.  She picked (with a little of our help) apples and pears! 

2

Talk about eating right off the land!  This fruit was locally grown and hand picked by Taylor.  How organic are WE?! :)

3

I think a Golden Delicious will do!

To prepare the apples and pears:

  • Wash, core, and chop up the fruit
  • In a sauce pan, bring some water to a boil (you don’t need to use much)
  • boil for about 10 minute, or until the fruit can be cut with a spoon
  • Blend the fruit in the blender for a few seconds
  • Plop into ice cube trays, cover, and freeze
  • Once the baby food cubes are nice and frozen, store them in freezer bags
  • They are good for about 2 months (maybe longer, but I don’t keep them more than 2 months just to be on the safe side)

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention!  The cost savings of making your own Baby Apple Sauce… for $3.00 I made 41 servings.  That is a $25.50 SAVINGS!

 

1

The new face of Gerber??

Check out my other Baby food recipes:

signature_thumb

No comments:

Post a Comment