Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Easy Turkey Chili

I came up with a super easy, super yummy, easy, Turkey Chili recipe that I thought I’d share with you!  I took it camping this weekend and it was a hit!  I prepared it a day ahead of time and then just re-heated it in the crock pot a few hours before dinner.  

chili

picture

Here’s what you need (for 4-6 servings):rotel

  • 1.3 lbs. ground turkey
  • Medium white onion
  • green pepper
  • Chili seasoning packet
  • Chili powder
  • minced garlic
  • 16. oz tomato sauce
  • 1 can original Rotel
  • small palm-full Red Pepper Flake
  • 1 can Black Beans (drained)

Brown the turkey on medium-high heat, add chopped onion and green pepper and minced garlic.  Add salt and pepper.  Once the meat is cooked though and the veggies are tender, add in the chili seasoning packet, add a small palmful of extra chili powder and red pepper flake to make it nice and spicy!  Add in the canned tomato sauce, Rotel, and black beans.  Bring to a boil, then simmer for 20 minutes.

I serve it over whole wheat penne pasta, but that is just what I prefer.  You can serve over rice or use more as a dip and use tortilla chips too.  Top with shredded cheddar and a dollop of sour cream.  Corn bread with fresh honey butter makes for a great side to this too!  Enjoy!

Check out my other recipes here.

SIGNATURE_010312

2 comments:

  1. Looks very delicious, but I always not good at cooking and hope I can do this too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good Lauren. I am going to try it tonight. I have everything including the "Rotel" <-- good stuff!

    ReplyDelete