Sunday, February 1, 2009

that sucked

I've now made it safely to recovery without any complications from the cerclage. But that really sucked! It took the anesthesiologist about 15 minutes just to get me numb. Apparently I have some curvature to my spine and no matter where she injected, it went to my right side. It was scary being in that huge OR for just this small procedure, but they all said that this was a good glimpse at what a c-section will be like.

I am still in recovery now, but feeling good. Josh brought me my only request - a chocolate milkshake. I tried to drink it slowly to make sure I didn't get nauseous but after 17 hours of not eating, that didn't really matter; I was famished!

Dr. Rao came in following the procedure, and said everything went great! He said there were no signs of preterm labor, and I look to have completely recovered from passing Baby A. The hospital Chaplin also came in to talk with us, and she said a nice prayer for us.

We are just waiting for my last IV dose of antibiotics to finish, and then we can go home!! We should be home just in time for the Super Bowl kickoff! What a weekend...

•Sent from my iPhone•


  1. Hi Lauren, I have been reading your blog for a little while now and just wanted to let you know that I'm praying for you and your sweet babies. I do not have multiples myself (although I was pregnant with twins in my second pregnancy but unfortunately lost one very early on) I am no stranger to pregnancy complications. Keep praying and having faith! God will carry you through.

    Here is my blog in case you are interested.


  2. Hi Lauren, I've also been reading your blog for a little while. I'm sorry about Baby A. I'm happy to hear you are doing better and your surgery was a success. Hang in there.

  3. It's so good to hear all went well. We send our love!

  4. Oh geez about the epidural! I think that they had to do 9 stabs before my c-section because of the same curvature. Always going off to the right. Always. The chief of anestesiology (sp) at St. Joes couldn't get it to go in, so the VP of the same department ended up getting it to work. Silly doctors.

    Rest well! We'll see you soon!

    Becky K.