Tuesday, August 4, 2009

healthy, delicious, and nutritious?


I forgot to mention easy too!

I'm talking about the Stuffed Peppers I made for dinner last night! I've made them before from a recipe, but this time I just winged it, and they turned out better than ever! I never write my recipes down, but this time I did because I want to be able to recreate this!

Thank goodness Josh took a TwitPic of it!

Here's all you do:
  • Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Brown 1lb. ground beef, add 1 medium white onion, 1 tbs. minced garlic, salt & pepper, 1 tbs. Worcheshire sauce, fresh basil, 1 jar of your favorite mariana sauce (I used Bertolli Olive & Garlic sauce this time - Buy 1 Get 1 Free at Publix!), 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese, and about 1/2 cup of firmly cooked Orzo pasta. Just drain the pasta and add to meat sauce, mix everything together and fill 4 large bell peppers.
  • Pop it in the oven for about 45 minuets and periodically add any additional sauce to the top of the baking peppers. Top with mozzarella cheese a few minuets before the baking is complete.
I am looking forward to having the leftovers for dinner tonight!
Lauren Pictures, Images and PhotosLauren Pictures, Images and Photos

7 comments:

  1. Yum Lauren! I was wondering how you made your stuffed peppers! I'll have to give them a whirl later this week! Thanks for posting your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking of making this for dinner, and needing to find a recipe -- looks like you have a great one! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok I just ate my lunch but looking at the picture made me hungry all over again! Looks SUPER yummy! I'll definitely have to try this! Thanks for sharing!!


    kristi.guillory

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stuffed peppers are freaking awesome! Nice work Lo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Stuffed Bell Peppers. I've also stuffed ours with "Dirty Rice" by Zatarans. SO GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing the recipe, I'll definitely try this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just followed your recipe and they were SO good! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete