Monday, April 1, 2013

Paci Withdrawal

My baby is growing up and I’m pretty sure it’s harder on me than it is on her!

For the past few months, Taylor has done without her beloved “ommie” at her school naps.  At home, she’s just had it for naps and at bedtime… AND once in awhile when she just need a little chill pill in my opinion.  Pacis are great!  They calm her down, quiet her down, and help her fall asleep.  Well, that has all changed over one short weekend and I think I am the one withdrawing more than she is.  See, while Taylor spent last weekend with her Dadda, he decided to go ahead and wean her of her paci all together! 

AHHHH!!

Well, he was very successful at it, so I am going along with it so I do not have to break her of her paci dependency at my house later on.  I realize I would just be creating an ommie monster if I gave in and let her have it at my house.  Anyway… tonight was the first night that I put her to bed without it.  Sniff, sniff!  It made me sad!  My big girl went right down and didn’t even ask for it.  She got up about 10 times before finally passing out for the night, but I powered through it and kept putting her back into bed. 

Confession – it wasn’t until just a few months ago that I got rid of her bottles… :/  I liked them!  There’s nothing sweeter than kicking back with your baby as she chugs down her bottle of milk… so anyway, that is over and so are her pacis.  My baby is growing up!  I guess while I am working on accepting this new phase of her childhood, I should go ahead and let go of the clothes still hanging in her closet that are 3 sizes too small… paci

 

3 comments:

  1. I feel you, girl! When we took Camryn's paci away a couple of months ago, I was the one missing it the most:) Her paci was the one thing that was keeping her my baby. Now she is all grown up! Hang in there mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so bittersweet watching them grow, and boy do they grow quickly! Love that little Tay! She's such a sweet little soul, Reese is so lucky to have her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My son is about two months younger than Taylor (born June 2011), and I just stopped giving him a bedtime bottle this weekend. It made me so sad. He doesn't seem to care, but I definitely miss that 10 minutes in the rocking chair with him. And really, I didn't think he was too old, but I was worried about his teeth, so I decided it had to stop. I tried to sit with him in the rocking chair with a cup of water, but he wanted none of that. sigh.

    So just saying that I can relate. It sounds like you are doing an awesome job with your sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete