Wednesday, May 29, 2013

What’s In My Purse?

You know how US Magazine sometimes does the ‘What’s In Your Bag’ article?  Well, I thought it would be fun to do a similar post too.  My bag is usually a big black hole where random things collect, so I took the opportunity to do some organization and tossing a bunch of old receipts. 

So, aren’t you dying to know what’s in MY purse?! :)

purse

From diapers to Dramamine and everything in between, I’ve got quite the assortment in my purse!  I recently started using a purse again after ditching the diaper bag, as Taylor is needing less stuff when we are just running quick errands.  During the diaper bag days, I’d just carry a small clutch with my essentials.  Now, I am back to the big purse and toss in a few items that Tay needs.

collage1

  • I am in love with my new sunglasses, so those are always with me and the case in my bag for safe keeping.  I am bad with my sunglasses and usually just toss them anywhere, but not these babies – my new aviators will be handled with care!
  • I have about 10 carmexs lying around – they are in every purse, car, junk drawer... Gotta have quick access to my chapstick!
  • I am digging this new travel contact holder that I found at Charming Charley’s.  It’s a cute little case that holds your contact case perfectly.  I keep my glasses with me too for an easy swap when my eyes are tired.
  • Have you tired the Philosophy flavored lip gloss?  YUM!  Birthday Cake flavor is my fav and a purse essential!
  • When going through my purse, I was surprised to find a travel size Dramamine.  That bottle must be way expired!  I don’t remember the last time I used that, but I am prone to motion sickness, so I guess it’s good to keep around.
  • Sunblock is a MUST living in Florida.  The sun is intense!  I’ve had many questionable freckles and moles removed by my Dermatologist, so I am extra careful (now) with my skin.  My daily lotion has SPF in it, but I use additional sunblock when I am outside playing with Taylor, going for a run, etc.
  • What was life like without iPads?!  I have one with me always for work purposes, but they sure do come in handy entertaining a busy two year old!
  • Speaking of a two year old… after ditching the diaper bag, I now just keep a diaper and wipes in a ziplock in my purse.  Tay is in potty training mode right now, so I imagine my zip lock bag will contain a change of clothes for Tay and wipes.
  • I had a coupon for a free travel size lotion from Bath and Body Works, so I picked up the Paris Amour scent.  I really liked having that on had and about to run out, so I will be heading back tomorrow for refills on that and their hand sanitizer.  Definitely can’t live without that!
  • I was surprised to NOT find an old crusty sippy cup and dried up old puffs at the bottom of my purse :)

So Allison, what’s in YOUR purse?!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, since you happened to ask, here's what's in my purse!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been addicted to cherry carmex and philosophy gloss since you posted this - thanks!!

    ReplyDelete