Wednesday, April 14, 2010

What a weekend!

I’m a little tardy with this post, but I just have to tell you about all the great things we did this weekend!

The weekend started out great by celebrating Mike’s birthday!  On our way over to The Pernecky’s house, Josh plopped a mysterious bag on my lap and told me it was my early birthday gift.  I opened up the bag and found THIS!!!!

camera

I was so shocked that I actually got the camera that I’d been wanting!  I absolutely love it, Josh!  You are the sweetest!  Now, I just need to figure out how to use it!

When we arrived to The Pernecky’s, Kelly, Matt, Josh and I all came through their back door together (with balloons in hand) to surprise Mike.  He had NO idea, and was so happy to see us!  It was so much fun.  Ally made us homemade Sloppy Joes and Peanut Butter cupcakes for desert. 

007

Surprise!!!

012

We had fun just hanging out and having mini-photo sessions with the new camera. 

212 

Doesn’t this remind you of the cheesy Junior High portraits?

 

And, we got a little silly! :)

IMG_7218 

Can you find Matt in the balloons?

 

Saturday was the garage sale.  I didn’t sell everything like I hoped, but I did get rid of the car seats.  Right as I was pulling the boxes out of the garage, a lady drove up and immediately purchased the car seats from me.  I was so relieved to see them go, and how quickly!  Since I’m still stuck with the double stroller, I guess I will finally get around to putting it on eBay and Craig's List. 

 

Sunday was another BIG day!  My good friend & neighbor, Holly, and I planned our neighborhood’s first ever picnic.  We had lots too do that morning and rushed around getting everything set up.

IMG_7558

We had volunteers bring hamburgers, sides, and drinks to share.  Everyone that came also brought a non-perishable donation too.  We had about 100 guests (including kids) from our subdivision.  The kids kept busy in the bounce house and at the face painting booth.  We also had a water balloon toss and Frisbee contest!

IMG_7617

IMG_7755

The picnic fun continued as we had a few of our neighbors over to our house for a little after-party (a.k.a. pizza dinner).  It was all so much fun!  I can’t wait to start planning the neighborhood Fall Festival!

The next morning, Holly and I very gladly delivered all food donations to the Suncoast Harvest food bank in Land O’Lakes.  It felt good for our neighborhood to be able to give back to families in need.                            

    IMG_7783                     IMG_7789IMG_7786

     What a busy and fun weekend that was! 


11 comments:

  1. YAY! You got the camera!!!!! Im surprised you didnt call me! Ill teach you how to use it!!!!

    I love the picnic, I wish we lived in a place that could do that type of thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man what a crazy weekend, but fun filled no doubt! Thanks for helping to make my birthday special!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So perfect!!! That was so sweet of your neighborhood!! Love the camera, good job Josh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a ton of fun! Can't wait to see all the pics you take with yout new camera! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for your new camera! You are going to have so much fun learning to use it! Call me if I can help :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great idea to plan a neighborhood picnic! It looks like so much fun that next time, we want to come!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so super jealous of your camera.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet you got a new camera! I love my Cannons! Can't wait to start seeing your photography!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YIPPE! You got a fancy camera!!! Even thought I thought your pics before were GREAT with the photoshop skills you two have! ha! The picnic looks like it was a BLAST!! Great idea!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that WAS a crazy, busy weekend. It's so great of you to organize the neighborhood picnic! You always seem to amaze me, Lauren! I had so much fun with you at Mike's birthday party, the photo shoot was so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you like your camera! I like my Rebel!

    That neighborhood party looks like a blast!!!

    ReplyDelete