Monday, January 3, 2011

Revisiting My 2010 Goals

I just came across the goals that I set for myself for 2010.  I thought it would be fun to revisit these and see how I did.  On Jan. 3rd 2010, I wrote these 4 goals for myself:

  • Allow myself to completely trust in God, and let Him be in control. (That's a big one, and easier said than done, but I am going to try my best. I have nothing to lose!)

Well, the word “completely” is basically impossible to do, but I’ve definitely done a better job at this.  In fact, as a result of me trying to do this more, I surrendered my infertility fight to God, and he answered my prayers!  I will never forget this and I’m thankful to be pregnant with our miracle baby every minute of every day!

Taylor at 19w

  • Keep up the positive outlook on life, and keep hoping for the best.

Overall, I think I do a good job at this.  I’ve struggled some but all in all I see the glass as being half full, rater than half empty.

  • Take advantage of this time in my life (when I don't have living children) and focus on excelling at work having fun with Josh.

I really think I accomplished this too!  This year, I made a huge effort to do something for me and only me and to take advantage of my child-less time.  I did what I enjoy and worked my butt off doing boot camp and pilates.  This summer, I leaned to enjoy running thanks to my C25k app.  It was a great stress reliever and it allowed me to accomplish fitness goals that I didn’t think I could do. 

It was the first time I did something whole heartedly without wondering, thinking, and waiting to get pregnant.  I cleared my mind and found happiness that didn’t revolve around having a baby.armband

  • Start using my Lose It app a little more strictly (since I slacked off over Thanksgiving and Christmas a little... oops!)

I did a pretty good job at this too!  I didn’t stick to it the whole year, but I did it enough to be able to gauge my caloric intake and it made me more mindful about what I eat. 

As far as my goals for 2011??

  • Trying to enjoy everyday of my pregnancy

Easier said than done, because I have been very hormonal lately, but I’m trying to get a grip on things and let myself ENJOY this special time.

  • Live a healthy lifestyle

I tend to obsess about this.  For the past 5 months, I haven’t been able to do any workouts and it worries me everyday.  I know, I know… I will get my body back to where I want it to be later this year after some hard work and dedication, but it is always on my mind.  Just the fact that I cannot do anything about it right now drives me a little crazy.  In the meantime, what I can control is what I eat.  I have a ravenous appetite, so I eat often, but I can control the quality and nutrition of what I put in my mouth.  Being pregnant over the holiday season was fun because I indulged more than I normally would have, thanks to my little Taylor demanding lots of sweets!

  • Remember to always thank God for all the blessings in my life

Even before I found out I was pregnant, I started to realize what a truly blessed life I live.  For so long I focused on the one thing I didn’t have, that I was blinded to all the blessings around me.  I have so much to be thankful for – a loving and caring husband, expecting our little Taylor, a healthy happy family, wonderful friends, a dream home, a successful job/career, AND MORE.  I could go on and on…

Happy 2011 Everyone!  Let’s make it a GREAT ONE!!

signature

3 comments:

  1. love this post lauren!

    and i remember many an email chats talking about giving it up to god and you did...as best as any human can. i am so glad he has given you little taylor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are a very amazing strong woman and im glad i found you and your family on here. I bought two green bean bracelets i cant WAIT to get them. I hope you and your family have a GREAT 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog today and have to say WOW! What an inspiration you are! I absolutely LOVE your goals for 2010 and 2011! I have yet to set my own for this new year and since two weeks ago when my husband and I were given the green light to TTC again, I think your goals are the perfect starting point for me to set my own around. Surrendering the 'will I and wont I get pregnant' journey to God is something that I feel I have finally started trying to do. I don't think I realized it until I read it here today. Thank you for helping me realize that surrendering it is the best thing to do, TODAY! Wishing you and your growing tummy the very very best!

    ReplyDelete