Wednesday, March 5, 2014

40 Days

Some people give up potato chips, or alcohol, or meat, but this year for Lent, I am giving up Facebook.  I am going to try my best to replace Facebook for the next 40 days with a You Version Bible Devotional.  I find Facebook so addicting; if I have a free second while I am on my laptop, I just go to the website and mindlessly scroll.  Just to feel annoyed and unproductive.  It’s wasted time and I want to break the habit.  I am not against Facebook or anything; I really enjoy using it to share pictures and life moments with my friends and family, but this is just a good time to break it from being a daily habit. 

imagedev

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I removed the Facebook app from my phone, so that should help prevent me from just clicking on it when ever I am just sitting around.  Instead, I put the You Version app right on my front page and have the daily devotional ready to go.  I chose the “Re-Think Life: The 40 Day Devotional”.  It is a quick read, verse, and prayer.  If I have time to mindlessly scroll through Facebook 10 minutes each day, I certainly have time for this, and I’ll actually get something out of it! 

Here’s to hoping I can stick to my goal! 

prayer

No comments:

Post a Comment